Google eBook Reader
We will begin with ‘Google Books’ this week. Google Books is by far the best answer for any Android device. Enable Sync and you will find a very well formatted, even fancy, user interface. Your books will be displayed as little books with drop shadows. Below are some features:
1) Tap on a page and you will find what chapter you are on, the name of the book and the author displayed at the top and bottom of the screen.
2) Tap on a page and you will find three icons: Search/Magnifying Glass ~ Chapter List ~ Font
3) Search ICON allows the end user to search inside the book itself with a keyboard that appears at the bottom of the screen
4) Chapter ICON will take you to any chapter you desire in a microsecond.
5) Font ICON does several functions listed below:
~ Theme, which is for day or night reading
~ Typeface, which allows you to choose up to six installed fonts
~ Text Alignment, which allows you to choose left or right justification.
~ Brightness, which is set to Auto as default but allows the end user to move a slider up or down to set your own preference
~ Line Height, which will increase or decrease space between lines
~ Font Size, which you can increase or decrease the font size while it reflows to fit on the screen
6) Reading formats consist of original book or Google’s own format
7) About the book will take the end user to a screen where they will find description and reviews of the book
8) Share is another options that allows the end user to share the book along with the end users thoughts and feelings via multiple networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and Skype
9) Read Aloud feature . . . not an audio book but a ‘Star Trek’ computer generated voice but comes in handy in some circumstances
10) Offline reading and a good help menu is also available.
Overall Google Books is a solid good eBook Reader that can go on any Android device, be it a smartphone or table.
Next week we will review the FBReader. . .
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Kathryn K Free. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Kathryn K Free. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.